Friday, January 6, 2012

Blogging A to Z? I'm In!

I am fairly new to the blog scene and missed the A to Z challenge last year.  I did happen to read some of the posts by others and thought it was a cool challenge.  I am going to give the A to Z challenge a shot this year after reading about it at The Other SideTossing It Out, and the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge Blog this morning.  I do have a few questions for anyone reading this that has participated in previous years.

*  Did you pick every subject yourself?

*  If not, how did you pick the subjects of the posts?

I am probably going to pick all of them myself but I was just curious about how other participants were approaching this.  

2 comments:

  1. Well, I found out last year on 31 March and did it. I didn't have a plan starting out so basically I just blogged about a phrase or subject that started with the letter of the day. As it turnsout, I also had an addendum each day where I statted-up on a later 1st or 2nd edition monster in 0e/OD&D.

    It started out sort of silly ("B is for Bolas and Boomerangs and Bog Beasts!" for instance) and got better ("S is for Sandbox and Sandman"). a couple of days I was rushed grading term papers so I just did a monster ("R is for Rust Monster"). One day I just did a topic; it was one of my favorites, by the way: "K is for Knighthood." http://isungr.blogspot.com/2011/04/k-is-for-knighthood.html

    So to answer directly, I just floundered around. I haven't decided what I'm doing this year. I might do Battletech. Or fantasy again. Or palladium. It's all up in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. I think I'm just going to brainstorm a list of stuff I like or I am interested in (not necessarily gaming related) and just go for it. It sounds like a fun exercise to participate in and it sounds like you had fun doing it. If it matters at all, I wouldn't mind reading some posts about Palladium...

    ReplyDelete