Wednesday, April 18, 2012

P is for Palladium Books

***********Just for the sake of clarity - the theme for my A to Z postings is gaming in the 1980's with my friends.*************

Palladium Books
Ok, I admit it, I somewhat procrastinated on this post.  I actually thought of several P words - print magazines and player character, for example - before deciding on Palladium Books.  I should have thought of that much sooner because they provided many hours of gaming fun for my old gaming group.  I have talked about Palladium Fantasy and some general thoughts about Palladium Books in my blog before.  Rather than repeat much of what I have already said I will advise any interested parties to follow the link above and read that post for the main points.

It's been a rough two days at work so far this week and I admit that I procrastinated and put off doing the P post.  Suffice it to say that Palladium Books provided several games for our gaming group:

  • Robotech - It all started with this.  I bought the core book and one of my buddies bought some of the old Robotech VHS tapes because we used to rush home to watch it after school.
  • Palladium Fantasy - Jamie bought the original first edition black cover rule book.  I would probably pay top dollar for this today because we had so much fun with it.  Yeah, it's basically a very heavily house D&D but our campaign switched over to this system for a long time.
  • Heroes Unlimited - I got the first editon and would be interested in playing the second edition.
  • RIFTS - The awesome! Look for R is for RIFTS to hear some thoughts...

2 comments:

  1. Cool stuff fellow A to Zer!

    I have two identities which get screwed up now and then. My A to Z blog is mainstreetarts.blogspot.com

    My rpg fantasy setting is shatterworldrpg.blogspot.com

    Hope you stop by!

    "Q" is for "Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be stopping by both of those blogs.

      Thanks for stopping here!

      Delete