Thursday, April 26, 2012

W is for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

***********Just for the sake of clarity - the theme for my A to Z postings is gaming in the 1980's with my friends.*************

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay
Here is one more game that I owned but never played.  I got it hoping that I could add on to the A/D&D material - races, classes, etc. - that we used during play.  I got it and at first flip through I was somewhat disappointed because the material did not readily lend itself to immediate use within the A/D&D rules.  In other words, to be used the material would have to be converted from one rules system to the other.  Plus, there was some resistance against learning another rules set at that time among members of the gaming group.  I put WFRP away for years and never did get around to running or playing in even one single session of the game.  I wonder what it would have been like? 

2 comments:

  1. You should have played it. By far one of the best RPGs ever made. Very easy to run and play. Very deadly combat, fantastic setting, the 2nd editon of WHFRP was good but way too expensive. The 3rd looks awesome but I can't find any players and the price is $100 for $30 worth of stuff with every module and add on costing a fortune. Of course it all looks kickass and well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds interesting from your comment. I actually owned the core book for 1st edition and then got 2nd edition when it was released. I agree about how awesome the 3rd edition looks but the price scares me off.

      Delete