Thursday, January 2, 2014

Trollbridge & Trollzine

I have been a fan of Tunnels & Trolls for quite some time.  I have always wanted to devote some more time to the game but I have been unsuccessful in my attempts to get a group together but I have played through several of the solos.  The only issue I have ever had with the game - I am sure to get some heat on this - comes with spell names such as "Yassa Massa".  Yes, I know it's just a game but I have lightened up as I have gotten older so it's really no issue at all. 
 
I have the old Corgi print of the rules and several solos that I picked up years ago.  I also have the booklet that was available during free rpg day several years back.  I recently did some trading and got rid of the Fiery Dragon version.  I like the fast playing aspect of the game system and I really think it deserves more credit than it seems to get.  Maybe that will come about with the release of the Deluxe T&T that recently had a successful kickstarter campaign.  
 
I still have several days left on my Christmas break and I have spent a lot of my spare time browsing  gaming sites. I have been aware of Vin's T&T TrollBridge for a while and have even browsed through the forums a time or two. I decided to do some serious delving through those forums and I am glad that I did.  There is a nice community of folks there discussing T&T and other roleplaying games.  They are not uptight about old threads being brought back to life.  I did so with several threads and got serious answers to my inquiries. 
 
I also discovered Trollzine magazine from the forums.  It is a free fan-made magazine full of material for Tunnels & Trolls.  I have just started going through the magazines but they are a top shelf labor of love and I would highly recommend them to anyone interested in additional content for their campaigns.  Of course, there are many interesting links and other goodness to find while visiting so go take a look sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment