Tuesday, February 11, 2014

D&D 40th Anniversary Blog Hop Challenge Day 11

This post is part of a series of posts in the D&D 40th Anniversary Blog Hop Challenge.  The information in many of these posts is related to events that occurred primarily in the1980’s. Since it is now 2014, I can not guarantee complete accuracy with such a large passage of time but I will present the events and information as best as I can recall.

Day 11: First splatbook you begged your DM to approve.

I do not recall ever wishing one of the DMs would approve of using any particular splatbook BUT there was my AD&D game that I hoped the players would embrace using Unearthed Arcana.  I remember being extremely excited about using the stuff inside after flipping through the contents.  I thought there was plenty to like – new ability score generation methods, new races, new classes, etc. – and it would help get our game a fresh start.


Unfortunately, I was pretty much the only one excited about the book; Jamie might have been also.  It was apparent that most of the players were kind of burned out on A/D&D gaming at the time and wanted something different.  I am pretty confident that we would have tried out some of the options in Unearthed Arcana if the book would have been released sooner.  That led us to try out different games such as Marvel Super Heroes, Champions, Car Wars, and many more.  We would eventually return to A/D&D and would even use some of the Unearthed Arcana options but we never did run a campaign using many of the options. 

No comments:

Post a Comment