Tuesday, February 18, 2014

D&D 40th Anniversary Blog Hop Challenge Day 18

This post is part of a series of posts in the D&D 40th Anniversary Blog Hop Challenge.  The information in many of these posts is related to events that occurred primarily in the1980’s. Since it is now 2014, I can not guarantee complete accuracy with such a large passage of time but I will present the events and information as best as I can recall.


Day 18: First gaming convention you ever attended.

I have only been one dedicated gaming convention in my entire life.  It was the first year of Conjuration in Tulsa, Oklahoma.  Once again, I owe that trip to my Uncle David.  I do not recall hardly anything about it except for a few details.  We went the cheap route and slept in my uncle David’s van.  I know for certain that Steve Jackson Games was one of the vendors as I bought Necromancer and Car Wars from their booth; Steve Jackson may have been manning the booth because the person looked remarkably like the pictures I had seen.  There was a vendor selling hand made swords.  Somebody was hawking the entire Man, Myth, & Magic series to people as they passed by his display.  There was some sort of Star Trek miniatures game going on in a rather large space but I have no idea which one was being played.  There were several people in costume running around the convention.  I remember it being fun but that is about all for the details.  I need to get out and go to another one some time…


No comments:

Post a Comment