Wednesday, February 5, 2014

D&D 40th Anniversary Blog Hop Challenge Day 5

This post is part of a series of posts in the D&D 40th Anniversary Blog Hop Challenge.  The information in many of these posts is related to events that occurred primarily in the1980’s. Since it is now 2014, I can not guarantee complete accuracy with such a large passage of time but I will present the events and information as best as I can recall.

Day 5: First character to go from 1st level to the highest level possible in a given edition.  (Or what’s the highest level character you’ve ever ran?)


In my old gaming group we would play for a while with one person as the Dungeon Master and then we would rotate.  Another person would be Dungeon Master and everybody would make new characters and start over at level one.  This was not planned but it just seemed to happen that way.  The highest level of character I played was somewhere in the mid-teens; but I had several at that level.


I actually spent much more time being the Dungeon Master than I did playing in someone else’s game.  That also was not planned but it just worked out that way.  Even though AD&D was our main game, Jamie and I had a solo D&D game going on for quite some time.  We would play pretty obsessively staying at each other’s house every other weekend.  I know that we played enough for his character to get to the Companion set for sure.  I know that both of us had the Masters set but I do not recall if we actually used it in play.  Simply put, his character level was somewhere in the 20s for certain.

No comments:

Post a Comment