Saturday, August 16, 2014

#RPGaDay Post 16


I ran across the idea for this blogfest at The Other Side and decided to participate because it seemed like a good way to back into the groove on posting since work has been keeping all of us so busy lately.   At least a few of these topics have been covered in previous posts but here it goes...


 Game you wish you owned
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/49/PalladiumRPG-1984.jpg/220px-PalladiumRPG-1984.jpg 
There are a ton of games I would like to own now.  Some of them I have previously owned but do not any longer while others I have never owned a copy myself.  I could go on with a rather large list more than likely but the one game I would like to own right now is The Palladium Role-Playing Game®.  

It was one of the earliest fantasy games my old group played following A/D&D but it was one of the few games that actually got us to suspend our A/D&D games to focus on The Palladium Role-Playing Game®.  I still remember running across the book at the Tulsa's Original Game Shop.  My buddy Jamie and I noticed the cover and we started flipping through the pages.  This game went beyond what we were accustomed to in our A/D&D games and offered more races and classes to play.  I recall the weapons section being illustrated throughout, there was a percentile-based skill system, and the monster illustrations grabbed our attention.  The best part about it was all of this information was included between the covers of one book instead of three.  As much as we enjoyed A/D&D we really felt like we moved up to "the next level" of play with this game. 

Just in case anyone thought I was joking the first time..anybody willing to part with a good condition copy of this game for a reasonable price?!       

No comments:

Post a Comment