Sunday, August 17, 2014

#RPGaDay Post 17

I ran across the idea for this blogfest at The Other Side and decided to participate because it seemed like a good way to back into the groove on posting since work has been keeping all of us so busy lately.   At least a few of these topics have been covered in previous posts but here it goes...
Funniest Game you’ve played
I can recall a lot more funny moments in my gaming background rather than funny games.  There was the one time that we were playing AD&D and the party was outside of a closed door in a dungeon.  Something had us convinced that there was something going on behind the door.  We each took turns trying to listen at the door but kept on failing the rolls.  Finally, in frustration, one of the guys had his horse listen and he made a successful roll.  Of course, we still had no idea if the horse heard anything or not.  It had been one of those all night gaming sessions of my youth so we were all tired and it had us laughing pretty good that early hour in the morning.
Other than that I really only have experience with two funny games: Teenagers from Outer Space and Paranoia.  I Game Mastered a TFOS game once.  It was fun but it just was not the type of game that I would play all of the time.  I was a player in several Paranoia games and had lots of fun.  It was always entertaining to see how many clones people would go through as each one was exposed as commie mutant traitor.  We only used the core rules but it would have been interesting to mess around with some of the supplementary material.  Maybe I need to see if Paranoia XP is still around...

No comments:

Post a Comment