Saturday, August 2, 2014

#RPGaDay Post 2

I ran across the idea for this blogfest at The Other Side and decided to participate because it seemed like a good way to back into the groove on posting since work has been keeping all of us so busy lately.   At least a few of these topics have been covered in previous posts but here it goes... 

First RPG Gamemastered

Just as I started role-playing under the D&D rules, B/X D&D was the first set of rules I used the first time I took on the role of Dungeon Master.  I do not recall a lot of detail about the game except for two bits - I was a little too worried about whether or not I was comprehending the rules correctly and I know that I used a few house rules for the stuff I was not quite certain of at that moment.   Regardless of the attention of detail to the enforcement and implementation of the "official rules" I do know that all of us had fun and we would continue to play for years to come. 

It was very common for Jamie King and I to play every weekend.  I can remember us taking turns staying the night at my house or his house so we could play into the early morning hours.  This would start in the second grade and continue for years to come.  Of course, we switched games throughout the years but we consistently role-played for the better part of the next decade.  Others would also come and go in the gaming group but Jamie and I were the constants.  This pattern would most likely have continued on but most of us scattered around the globe upon graduation due to military commitments. 


No comments:

Post a Comment