Thursday, August 28, 2014

#RPGaDay Post 28

I ran across the idea for this blogfest at The Other Side and decided to participate because it seemed like a good way to get back into the groove on posting since work has been keeping all of us so busy lately.   At least a few of these topics have been covered in previous posts but here it goes...

Scariest Game You’ve Played
This is the easiest question for me to answer.  I  have never played in a scary game.  The only horror type game I currently own is Dead Reign from Palladium Books® but I have yet to play.  At one time I owned Night Life but it was not really setup as horror.  It seemed like it was basically modern adventures with characters out of horror movies (vampyres, werewolves, etc.) but the focus was not horror or scares.  There was plenty of violence but the focus seemed to be on intrigue, rivalries, espionage, infiltration, and that sort of thin instead of traditional horror.  Then again, it has been years and my memories of this game are fading.  It was certainly fun and I wish I had gotten the complete run of material.  I had the core book and the musical supplement. I need to do some online scrounging...
 

2 comments:

  1. There are a lot of great horror games out there too. Night Life was fun.
    I preferred Beyond the Supernatural as my Palladium-penned horror.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool. The horror genre is an area that I really have a shortage of gaming experience. I don't why either. I dig horror movies and novels so I should give it a shot. I really had planned to get Beyond the Supernatural at some point but I just have not yet.

      Delete