Thursday, April 12, 2012

K is for Krull

***********Just for the sake of clarity - the theme for my A to Z postings is gaming in the 1980's with my friends.*************

Krull
Here I go with another activity from "gamers that did more than just game" category of 80's memories.  The trailer for Krull is below:

Several of us went to the theatre and saw this film.  There was no D&D movie at the time but this was a close approximation to the way many  groups played the game [atleast for a short period of time]- as in, they did not strictly stick to fantasy but also threw in a little science fiction also.  Not to mention that TSR mixed science fiction and fantasy with EXPEDITION TO THE BARRIER PEAKS.  I admit that it is not a cinematic masterpiece BUT it is better than the official D&D movie that we got.

8 comments:

  1. I really liked the fold up throwing flying ninja start thing. About the only thing as cool is in another movie, where the guy had a 3 bladed sword. He could shoot out the blades as projectiles. I think it is the Sword and the Sorcerer. I wasn't played as often as Conan or Beastmaster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I' m guilty of watching ALL of those movies and Hawk the Slayer too!

      Delete
  2. Krull is an awesome movie. Big thumbs up from me. And I agree, it makes a good D&D movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen Krull in...I can't even remember! I'm going to have to watch this again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved that movie. It's on our list of movies to buy for the family library!

    ReplyDelete