In case you are interested, the World of Darkness documentary is free on tubi with commercial interruptions. Tubi is itself free as well. I watched it and noticed some interesting parallels with D&D.
1. Both games rose to wide popularity in a relatively short time.
2. Both games had to contend with the satanic panic or something similar.
3. Both games had a TV show; D&D had the Saturday morning cartoon while Vampire had the evening time slot.
4. Both games pushed out the original creative force(s) behind the game.
5. Both games had a new edition that was met with fan resistance or push back.
That is just off the top of my head. I am sure there might be even more. I would watch it again even though I never played Vampire or any of the WoD game lines. When I was stationed at Fort Campbell in 1993 - maybe 1994 even - Vampire and Werewolf were pretty popular in the barracks. I was still stuck on D&D in one form or another at that time.