Saturday, January 1, 2022

World of Darkness: The Documentary Official Trailer


In case you are interested, the World of Darkness documentary is free on tubi with commercial interruptions. Tubi is itself free as well.  I watched it and noticed some interesting parallels with D&D.
:
1. Both games rose to wide popularity in a relatively short time.

2. Both games had to contend with the satanic panic or something similar.

3. Both games had a TV show; D&D had the Saturday morning cartoon while Vampire had the evening time slot.

4. Both games pushed out the original creative force(s) behind the game.  

5. Both games had a new edition that was met with fan resistance or push back.

That is just off the top of my head.  I am sure there might be even more.  I would watch it again even though I never played Vampire or any of the WoD game lines.  When I was stationed at Fort Campbell in 1993 - maybe 1994 even - Vampire and Werewolf were pretty popular in the barracks.  I was still stuck on D&D in one form or another at that time.   

No comments:

Post a Comment