I like to keep a list of random hooks that may lead to adventure ideas in my fantasy campaigns so I thought I would share some of them here. Maybe they will help some others come up with ideas to expand on these or ideas of their own.
1. Strange lights have appeared in the nearby hills outside the city the last 3 nights. These lights have showed up at the same time and last for one hour.
2. The cat population on the city streets has become noticeably higher in the last week.
3. The local crypt has been violated. The all evidence points to something breaking out of the crypt rather than breaking into the crypt.
4. A local group of youths have returned from a hunt with an abnormally large egg.
5. Graffiti from a long dead cult has appeared overnight on a local temple or church.
6. A local youth known for exaggeration has returned to town frightened. He babbles on about an army of monsters passing in the nearby woods.
7. A small group of Orcs has surrendered themselves at the gate seeking asylum.
10. A local Priest has started acting strangely and appears unkept after studying a newly reclaimed lost tome of knowledge recently turned in to the local temple by a group of explorers.
More to come...