Thursday, September 5, 2013

D&D 30 Day Challenge - Day 5

I am going to break out of the "strictly D&D" mode to explain what set of dice or individual dice are my favorite.  The funky dice - d3, d5, d7, d14, d16, d24, and d30 - used in the Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG are my favorite set of dice just for the nostalgic feeling they bring.  When I use them it makes me remember how excited all of us were about the new kinds of dice that D&D introduced to us.  We had never seen them before and we were in awe of all the dice in my Uncle David's collection. 

2 comments:

  1. Since people like weird dice, maybe an entire system should be designed around prime numbers:

    d3, d5, d7, d11, d13, d17, d19, d23, d29, d31

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting idea. The funky dice actually have made me give this some thought. It would definitely be an interesting project.

      Delete