Saturday, April 9, 2022

A to Z 10 Year Update: H is for Heavy Metal

This post has been updated since it was originally uploaded on April 9, 2012.

A to Z 2012: Gaming in the 1980s

Heavy Metal
Ok, here's another post from the "gamers that do more than game" category.  I'm not going to write a lot and just let the trailer speak for itself...

...and it's pretty awesome!  I remember staying up later than we were supposed to and sneaking in the other room at my buddies' house and discovering this show just as it was starting.  Of course, his parents probably would not have approved of us watching but it was everything a group of pre-teen boys would find awesome - rock music, swords, lasers, fighting, fantastic adventures, and naked boobies...lol.  Hey, what can I say, all of us were around 11 or 12 the first time we saw it?  Don't bother with Heavy Metal 2000; it sucks.  'nuff said!

I don't have a tremendous amount of information to add to this post, but I do have the following.  Heavy Metal was one of the first DVDs I bought.  I still enjoy it and watch it several times a year.  It still holds up today.  My favorite segment remains Den of Earth.  I have shown Heavy Metal to my son, and he enjoys it much like my friends and I did back in the day.  I really need to buy Mutant Crawl Classics at some time to see how well this type of game can be run straight out of the box.

2 comments:

  1. I loved that movie. I picked it up on BluRay and it looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete