Monday, January 16, 2023

[Miniature Monday] Mimic

 

Since my last two painted miniatures were a closed treasure chest followed by an open treasure chest full of gold coins in only seemed natural that a mimic should be next.  It's not an "official D&D branded miniature" but rather a mocking beast from Reaper Bones.  As you can see, it serves the purpose I'm going to use it for quite well.  I was a little concerned with how the teeth and mouth would turn out, but after applying a wash to the miniature it obscured most of the problem areas that had me concerned. I know I still have a lot of improvement to do in some skill areas, but I'm definitely satisfied with the results.  The main thing is that it passes the table use appearance test so it's all good.  It also looks consistent with the other two chest miniatures. 


3 comments:

  1. I just realized in all my years of DMing D&D and its derivatives, I don't think I have ever used a Mimic in an encounter. Yikes, I need to fix that. LOL

    ReplyDelete