Sunday, January 15, 2023

Talisman Adventures FRPG Core Rulebook

 

During a recent trip to Tulsa, I stopped at Wizard's Asylum to browse through the shelves to see what was in stock.  I saw a few things that caught my interest but nothing that just really took a hold on me.  I decided to check out the bargain section at the back of the store before I left.  I always enjoy seeing what they have to offer in that section.  I'm glad I made that decision because I got lucky.

I found a copy of the Talisman Adventures Fantasy Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook for 50% off the normal price of $49.99 and it was still in the shrink wrapping.  I picked it up and turned it all around so I could inspect the condition.  The book had no damage that I could see. The only reason it was in the bargain section was due to the fact that it was their only remaining copy and it had sat on the shelf unsold for a while.  I didn't know much about the book, but I decided to go ahead and buy it for my collection.  

I haven't done a deep dive or any serious reading of the rules yet, but I do like what I've seen so far.  One thing I have noticed is these rules don't just follow the standard expectations of most fantasy roleplaying games.  In addition to the Human, Elf, and Dwarf ancestries you can play a Ghoul, Leywalker, Sprite, or Troll.  The character classes available include the Assassin, Druid, Minstrel, Priest, Prophet, Scout, Sorcerer, Thief, Warrior, and Wizard. As you can see, there is a mix of the standard options plus a few more. 

I picked up this book with no prior experience with the Talisman board game or any previous experience with this fantasy roleplaying adaptation.  As I previously mentioned, I haven't done any major reading so far but I'm digging what I've seen up to this point.  I will definitely check out these rules in full detail and will make further posts on this game in the future.

Do you have any experience with this game?

Have you played the Talisman board game?


No comments:

Post a Comment